Knitted Wire Mesh Filter
Knitted Wire Mesh - Knitted Wire Mesh Filter
Knitted wire mesh filter is a kind compressed knitted wire mesh filter elements providing a random flow and filtration effects. The interlocking wire loop structure of knitted wire mesh provides many advantages over other materials for air and liquid filtration.
When layered, spiral wound or compressed, knitting mesh has a tortuous path for highly effective particle capture. By careful selection of wire type, diameter, density and shape, it is possible to overcome challenging filtration problems that other materials find difficult to handle.
Knitted mesh filter has a wide variety of forms
Knitted mesh filters can be supplied in any metallic or non-metallic material that can be drawn into a filament. Knitted wire filter materials can be stainless steel wire, copper wire, galvanized iron wire and polyamide fiber. They are available in a wide variety of forms including mesh rolls, circular and rectangular pads, complete filters and compressed elements. Metal alloys or plastics can be provided. These knitted meshes are highly resistant to corrosion and can withstand temperatures in excess of 1000°C.
The flexibility of knitted mesh enables the mesh to withstand thermal shock and vibration without breaking up. This provides considerable advantages over paper and sintered filters and also permits a tight interference fit within housings without machining to close tolerances. Low-cost tooling enables the production of compressed elements that give a minimal pressure drop and also excellent recovery characteristics after compression.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent filtration capability
- Available in numerous metallic/non-metallic forms
- Highly corrosion-resistant
Application: Filter wire mesh for gas and liquid serves well in petroleum, chemicals, metallurgy, and machine, automobile and environmental protection.
- Airbag slag filters
- Air inlet/outlet filters for gas turbines and compressors
- Air intake filters for automotive, agricultural and marine engines
- Bag separator layers or elements in dust collection systems
- Coarse dust pre filters in heating and ventilating systems
- Diesel particulate filters
- Engine crankcase breather elements
- Filters for paint spray plant air outlets
- Fuel injector filters
- Grease filters above kitchen ranges, cookers and charcoal grills
- Intake filters on air compressors
- Lint filters on washing machine outlet pipes
- Noise attenuating filters in pneumatic tools
- Oil filler cap breathers
- Permanently sprayed dust filters for coal mines/quarries
- Pre-filters and retaining/reinforcing cores in composite filters
- Silencer packings for engine exhausts