Knitted Wire Mesh - Demister Pads
Carry over of liquid particulate matter by gas or vapour is generally termed as "Entrainment", which is commonly encountered in Gas-Liquid seperations. The Demister Pad is an entrainment eliminator, manufactured exclusively by HAST. It is specially designed and fabricated from knitted wire of metallic or synthetic materials, to suit specific process configuration in existing or new equipment. When properly installed, the Demister Pad achieves 99.9% + separation efficiency with minimum pressure drop.
- In air pollution control, to eliminate toxic mist from off gases, e.g. Sulphuric acid plants.
- To reduce solvent losses in absorbers, scrubbers, distillation equipment e.g. Amine Treating Systems.
- To minimize product losses in Kettles, Reboilers, Vacum Pans, Crystallizers and Evaporators. e.g. Sugar Crystallization
- To eliminate entrainment in knock-out Drum and Receivers.
- To eliminate entrainment that might damage compressors.
- To supplement equipment like Carbon absorbers and Electrostatic precipitators.
- In Refinery towers to prevent Carbon and Metal Entrainment to Downstream Catalytic Cracker and Reformer units.
- In Liquid-Liquid systems such as Coalescers.
- In Automobile Industry, as protective insert in upholstery, vibration and shock damping, noise and sound reduction.
- In flame and spark extinction, as cross country gas/inflammable product pipelines, furnaces, ovens, vent tanks containing flammable liquids and flare gas systems.
- Sealing - Gaskets made of knitted Wire Mesh having different degree of re-silences - e.g. in cable industry, radiation, shielding, automobile and computer industry.